Thursday, November 5, 2009

Dog Toys a vicious cycle

Today started out as our typical day.  I wake up, go let Oscar out of his kennel, take him out for his morning lawn watering and greet the sun.  He begs me to play ball at 7 am, I laugh at him and we go back inside.  We snuggle on the couch for awhile, sometimes falling back to sleep for another hour or so.  Tummies grumbling we wake up for real this time and go in search of food.  Oscar chooses dry food if I don't make toast and I settle on GrapeNuts with Oscar on my arm.  Because he is ALWAYS right there.  In EVERYTHING I do.  LOL.  It is definitely my fault as I read about the umbilical cord training and thought that was how I wanted to train him.  OMG, Why did I do such a thing, aaargh!  Oh well, a little too far down the road to worry about that now.  Oscar finishes the rest of my GrapeNuts and we sit on the couch while I write my TO DO List that will never see completion today, but Hey, I try.  At least I am an OVERachiever mentally.  LOL.  I think Oscar is an OVERachiever mentally too.  Like for instance, Why does he drag out 5 chew toys and 3 bones at ONE time?  And better yet, WHY do I LET him???  Sigh.  I am not really a disciplinarian anymore.  As the oldest of 8 children I think I was burned out by the time I was 10.  :O)   I mean, does he plan on growing ANY more teeth, for the love of monkeys?  He can only chew one at a time but maybe it comforts him to have them around him?  Or maybe those bones are HIS to do list? I don't know, but then picking them all up falls onto mine.  I clean up the living room, vacuum and everything is neatly in order, then it seems 15 minutes later I walk in and there are land mines of dog toys and bones all over AGAIN!! This is when anger occurs.  At least for a few minutes.  Then I plop on the couch and we snuggle for another 30 minutes.  How can I stay mad at my best friend for long?  And those pretty golden brown eyes just melt me.  He knows it too. Every time I leave even for a few hours I come back with a toy and a treat only to find 20 of them under the couch later that week.  LOL.  It's a vicious cycle.  

No comments:

Post a Comment