Thursday, November 5, 2009

All Stuffed Animals Must Die with one exception


At one point, I started mentally tallying up all of the expense of the dog toys I was buying for My little angel and I realized I should have stock in PetSmart, Petco, and Wal-Mart for starters.  Yet I don't so I am spending a fortune.  I then occasionally started picking up a cheaper stuffed animal or two, sometimes at the store, sometimes at a Salvation Army Thrift store if it looked new.  Don't worry, I always wash them.  There are many hazards with this option too, as I soon found out.  First of all, this adorable stuffed animal has just been condemned to die an extremely painful death by puppy teeth that rival Jaws!  As I stare into  the plastic sad eyes of each animal, I pray its soul (is there one?) up to a heaven where they will hopefully get to be with a little girl or boy who hugs them.  I explain to them silently that their death is saving me money, so I think they understand their sacrifice.  LOL.  I am a bit off for my thinking patterns sometimes but Hey, everyone's a little crazy, Seal said so.  Anyway, I digress, which I do quite a bit of, even in conversation, but I am NEVER boring.  LOL.  As I hand over this little precious furry bit to Little Way-over-excited Oscar, who is hopping around like a frog trying to reach the scared little stuffed animal, I die a little inside, but Hey, Oscar loves it, and I do so enjoy seeing him smile.  Yes, My Puppy Smiles.  Shhh, its true.  Next comes the death of the ever-sad stuffed animal. First there is the licking, the sniffing, the pretending to snuggle up adorably with this toy.  The next step strangely enough is the intense smelling of the non-existent butt area of the toy.  This could go on for minutes!  Finally, with careful precision, a weak spot in the design of this toy is located, the first dreaded hole is made, and the de-stuffing takes place.  The end is near.  At this point my entire living room usually appears as though tiny white puffy clouds have moved in and are EVERYWHERE!!!  Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!  Why???  Why???  Finally, when the animal appears to be only an empty skin, Oscar gives it one last shake, then flops it down, and walks away.  Sigh, time for Mommy to clean the Living Room, aka Stuffed animal slaughter house........again.  Strangely enough, one stuffed animal has made it through nearly 10 months.  A little stuff Snoopy.  You will see him in many pics.  Oscar will snuggle with him for hours, even take little naps.  It's the cutest thing EVER.  No really, it is.  Snoopy is the one exception.  Sweet Little Oscar and Snoopy.  Maybe two of a kind.  Mixed in with a little bit of Dennis the Menace on Oscar's part of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment